Monday, April 19, 2010

At Home During the Day

To Do 4/19/10:
- Answer emails
- Watch TV
- Take a nap
- Go for a walk
- Go to Adam's singing at church
- Stay home all day...

My doctor is not allowing me to go to work anymore as of a week and 1/2 ago, so I am now at home all day by myself. I do not remember the last time that I was home by myself to just find things to do all day - Even when I would come home for summers in college my job would usually start two days after I got back and last until the weekend before I would leave again, so this is quite a new, strange, frustrating, and relaxing experience for me. Some of the things that have been good are sleeping in, taking naps, morning TV (thanks Amy for the suggestions!), and hanging out w/ ShamWow! (the other two stay up in their room most of the day - Palmer will not come downstairs anymore b/c he is scared of my exercise ball and when Nitro comes down he just grows at the ball - so I tell him to go "sleepy" back in his room!). I do also have a book on hold at the library that I have been waiting for for over a month now! I would have two books on hold, but unfortunately, the library does not have Kate Gosselin's new book! - Yes, I do want to read it and my guess is that deep down some of you do too! After all, she "Just Wants You to Know". Things that are not so good about staying home all day are not being around people, feeling bad about missing work, and old neighbors that like to tan in their back yard.

To finish on a happy note - one of my favorite new shows is Ellen. She played this game the other day called "80s Lady or Pageant Baby?" - so funny! I have attached the clip from You Tube and here are just some funny pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJt1X6CPZM - Ellen Clip... Start at 3:15 for just the game.


My neighbors getting their afternoon sun...


80's Lady!


Pageant Babies... note - Avery will not be allowed to participate in pageants...

No comments:

Post a Comment