Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Home Yet

To Do 3/5/10:
- Work on writing figure assessment for lymph atlas and points for discussion
- Pick up around the house
- Read 38 week email! (only 2 more email weeks!)
- Go to Sams
- Go to Adam's singing @ VCC
- Do Beth Moore study - Our last session is tomorrow!
- Remember that we are not home yet...

Yesterday at Easter service at VCC (which I thought was most excellent!), we had a guest worship leader, Sarah Kelly, who is a Christina recording artist (http://www.sarahkelly.com/). She said something during one of the songs that really struck me - she said we should remember we are not home yet and that is why at times we feel like we don't fit in, b/c we are not supposed to - this is not our home. That made so much sense to me! There are so many times when I feel like I don't fit in, even though I try really hard to be "normal" - it's like a little bit of that junior high feeling never quite goes away... I am so glad that I was reminded of this simple fact that my permanent home is waiting for me where I will never feel out of place! This Easter I was especially blessed by the resurrection that allows me to spend eternity in the place Jesus has prepared just for me - my real home!

No comments:

Post a Comment