Sunday, March 21, 2010

The first and only sappy pregnancy post - I promise... plus nursery photos!

To Do 3/21/10:
- Discovery Land and Church
- Sams and Lowes
- Pedi at Becoming Mom! - (thanks for the gift card Abby!)
- Errands
- Finish Avery's laundry and fixing up her room
- Give thanks for great friends, family, and a God who loves us and knows best...

It has not been lost on my how blessed we have been during our journey of "Avery". It is funny when I look back to the end of last summer - Adam and I decided that we would put our house up on the market and also try to have a baby. I remember taking a walk w/ him and the dogs one evening and telling him how excited I was about the house we had found that would be perfect for us. He was kind of up set at me b/c I was letting myself get so excited about the house and was seemingly not excited at all about the baby. I just told him that it was much more likely for us to be able to sell our house than get pregnant since I have had several issues w/ ovarian cysts and anorexia in high school and I did not want to get excited about the baby b/c of that - Good thing God knows what plans are best for us, as now, nearly ten months later, we were not able to sell our house and will be welcoming our little girl in the next few weeks! Even though I REALLY would have LOVED to move (I am still obsessed w/ looking at the Sibcy Cline site), God blessed us w/ something so much better in allowing us to get pregnant w/ our little girl.

Being pregnant has/is not easy for me. I think of myself as a person who is always looking for new experiences to challenge myself, generally having a "no pain, no gain" mentality - but this is a whole new ball game! There have been so many times that I feel like I just can't go on and want to crawl into a ball until my baby comes and then begin life again! - so, I think if you have carried a baby for 10 months - you can probably do anything! Through all of this people have been so kind to me - other mothers have offered up encouraging words and people have listened to me whine about how many times I've thrown up (over 1 million for sure at this point!) and Adam has been there emotionally for me and to do the chores I can no longer accomplish (like bending over and putting things in small spaces now!). I am so lucky to have such a support system around me like this.

Not only have people been there for me emotionally, but the way people have showered us w/ gifts and loaned us things is just incredible. It really makes me want to cry when I think about how giving our friends and family have been to us - They have spent their time and money to come to our showers and bless us and Avery w/ awesome gifts. I am so excited that we are going to be able to welcome her into an environment where so many people already care about her and us.

Thank you to everyone who has offered an encouraging word, listened, loaned us something, or given us a great gift. You have made this so much easier for us and I am so excited for Avery to get to meet all of you, as I know you will love and support her as you have done w/ us in preparing for her. You have blessed our family so much!

Now - sorry for being so sappy... it is probably the pregnancy hormones - here are some nursery pics as promised!




Avery's Little Lamb swing and seat

Nursery Pic




Closet w/ all of her goodies! She has such a great wardrobe already!

Crib and changing table

Toy area :)

Rocker

Some of my favorite outfits - can't wait for her to wear them!

Me - 35.5 weeks and not sure how I am going to accommodate anymore of her growth!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I'm so excited for you...little girls are the best. The nursery is a-dorable and so are you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becoming a mother definitely puts life into perspective, huh?! I'm with you on all of this...we are all so blessed. God is so amazing and Avery will remind you of that every day once she arrives. I am so excited for you and Adam. I'm praying for patience for you in the coming month as I know that this is the hardest part of the pregnancy. I know you want her to be here, but the longer she waits the better it will be for her! Can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete